Chenna Poda Recipe is a popular dessert from Orissa. It is made of homemade fresh chenna, sugar, cashew nuts and raisins and is baked until it get a thick caramelized coating from all the sides .
so try this very delicious Chenna Poda recipe
Preparation Time : 30 min Cooking Time : 1hour
INGREDIENTS OF CHENNA PODA
- Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese)- 250 grams
- Powdered jagarry-½ cup
- Ghee 1-1/2 tablespoons
- Milk -4 tablespoons
- Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)- ¼ cup
- Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Almond,chopped,as required
- Raisins, as required
Steps of Chenna poda recipe:
1.At first take fresh paneer or homemade chenna and mash it well with your hands.
2. Add powdered jagarry and cardamom powder and mix all together properly.
3. Add sooji, ghee and milk and mix it properly .
4. In a baking pan or a tin, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and spread all over the base.
5. Take a heavy bottom vessel to bake the chenna poda.
6. Add 11/2 cup salt/sand ,then keep a stand and preheat it in medium flame for sometime/5min.
7. Grease the cake tin with ghee,then add prepared chenna mix into it.
8. Carefully place the cake tin into the heavy bottom pan.
9. Then cover it with a tight lid and bake it on low-medium flame for 40 min.
10. After 40 min,it turned to dark brown/ check by Inserting a toothpick to check if it is cooked.
11. Take out the baked chenna poda and cool it .
12. Hold the pan upside down on a serving tray and remove the chenna poda carefully.
13. Cut into slices and enjoy in this Raja!
Hi….. nice recipes…wanted to follow you….couldn’t find the option
Thank you for liking my recipe. Ok i will check .
What a delicious dessert! Remember eating this in Puri….