Drumstick Leaves is healthy and has lot of nutritional benefits like rich in vitamins, calcium, iron, protein. Drumstick leaves also known as Moringa, helps lower blood pressure, blood sugar in diabetics and is a also sleep aid. Its detoxifying effect may come from Moringa’s ability to purify water.
Note: This sambar has to be thick not thin .Whenever u make sambar with leafy veg , it has to be thick.
Preparation Time : 20min Cooking Time : 30min
INGREDIENTS OF DRUMSTICK LEAVE SAMBAR
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Drumstick leaves/ Murungai keerai – 1 bunch
- Sambar onion/Small onion – 5-6
- Tomato,chopped-1 big
- Sambar powder- 2 tsp
- Tamarind pulp- ½ cup
- Jaggary-1 tsp(optional)
- Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Cooking oil /ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chillies – 5nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida/Hing – 1/2 tsp
Steps of Drumstick leave sambar recipe:
1. In a pressure cooker, add toor dal,turmeric powder,salt and water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Turn off the heat .Allow the pressure to release naturally. Once released, open the pressure cooker and mash the dal well .
- In a pan or cooker put cooked dal and chopped tomato and sambar onion.
- Now add washed Drumstick leaves and stir well.
5.Add jagarry, tamarind pulp and mix properly.
- Cook for 10-12 min on medium flame or till the leaves cooked properly.
- Heat ghee/oil in a tadka pan over medium heat; add the mustard seeds ,cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the asafoetida ,dry chili and curry leaves and turn off the heat.
8.Pour this seasoning over the Muringa Sambar and boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
9.Transfer the Murungai Keerai Sambar to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Enjoy Drumstick leaves sambar with steamed rice.
Share your cooking experience in comment.
But need prepared 😁
Thank you so much