Raw banana bharta is very tasty and nutritious,good for stomach. Here raw banana is boiled,mashed and cooked with some Indian spieces.Those who are really willing to get the delight can try this recipe, let’s learn step by step process.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 30min
Course: Side dish
INGREDIENTS OF RAW BANANA BHARTA
- Raw bananas, boiled -2-3
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- A pinch of asafetida
- Onion, chopped-1
- Garlic, chopped-1 tsp
- Ginger, grated-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powde-1/2 tsp
- Green chili,chopped-3-4
- Curry leave- 1 string
- Coriander leaves, chopped-2 tbsp
Steps of Raw banana bharta recipe:
1.Discard the skin from the banana ,cut into round shaped and boiled .When water starts boiling, add 1/2 tsp salt and banana chunks into it.
2.Cook bananas for 8-10 minutes or until they get soft. Strain the water and allow bananas to come at room temperature. Then mash it properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds,mustard seeds ,curry leave. Saute for a few seconds and add the asafoetida, fo the onion, ginger,green chili and garlic.Saute till light brown.
- Then add chopped tomato,cook it for sometime and all the dry spices,mix properly.
- Now add the mashed raw banana . Mix everything well and stir on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
serve as a side dish with either rice or chapattis.
Hope you all will love this recipe.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!