Modak is the most favorite food of Lord Ganesha.It is made with khoya and sugar flavoured with cardamom powder.you can use saffron also.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 15min
Serves: 10 modak
INGREDIENTS OF KHOYA MODAK
- Mawa/khoya-250 grms
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2 spoon
Steps of Khoya modak recipe:
- Heat a pan add crumbled Mawa and cook for 3-5 minutes on the low flame.
- Add cardamom powder and powdered sugar.
- Mix and cook with stirring constantly till sugar will melt and becomes paste-like.
- Turn off the flame.
- Remove the mixture into a plate and let it cool to touch,but not completely cool.
6.Grease the mould using ghee. While the mawa mixture is still warm, start shaping using mould.
- Press it so that seals properly.
- Open the mould carefully and remove it.
Khoya modak is ready to offer to lord Ganesh.
Hope you all will love this mouth melting dessert recipe.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!