Green tomato chutney is a spicy chutney which Made using raw tomatoes, with green chilli ,garlic,coriander leaves and a tempering of spices.
Here is the process of how to make green tomato chutney or raw tomato chutney.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 20min
Cuisine: South Indian
INGREDIENTS OF GREEN TOMATO CHUTNEY
- Raw Tomato-3-4 roughly chopped
- Green chilli-2-3 or according your taste
- Garlic cloves-4-5
- Salt to taste
For the tadka
- Mustard seeds-1/4tsp
- Chana Dal-1/2tsp
- Urad Dal-1/2tsp
- Curry leaves-5-6
- Dry chili-2
Other ingredient-Coriander leaves
Steps of Green tomato chutney recipe:
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add roughly chopped tomatoes,garlic and green chilli and cook for 8-10 minutes until tomatoes are soft and nicely cooked.
3.Lets cool the tomatoes.
- Transfer the tomatoes,garlic and chillies in the jar of a blender. Add coriander leaves,salt and grind to make a smooth chutney.Dont add water.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves and let the dal turn brown.
- Pour the chutney over tadka.
Serve with rice .
Hope you all will love this recipe.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!
Health Benefits of Green Tomato
Botanical name -Solanum lycopersicum
1.Green tomatoes contain acetylsalicylic acid which acts as anticoagulant..
2.Vitamin A as well as c helps to strengthen antibodies that exist in the body to combat harmful cells. vitamin A found in green tomatoes helps in preventing the development of cancer cells.
3.Presence of vitamin A andflavonoids in green tomatoes helps to combat the effects of free radicals.
4.Green tomatoes have bioflavonoids in it which acts as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory .
5. The consumption of green tomatoes helps to prevent premature aging.