In this preparation,Baingan is cooked with Onion,Tomatoes with some spices . It goes amazing with steamed Rice, ghee Rice, Roti etc
Preparation Time : 5min Cooking Time : 25min
Course: side dish
INGREDIENTS OF BRINJALCURRY
- Brinjal/eggplant/baingan -6-7 cut into small pieces
- Oil-2 tbsp
- onions finely chopped-2 medium size
- Green chillies-2-3
- Tomato puree-1/2cup
- salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2tbs
- Garam masala-1tbs
- Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp
- Water-1 cup
- Curry leave-1string
- Mustard seeds-1/2tbs
- Cumin seeds-1/2tbs
- Coriander leaves for presentation
Steps of Brinjal curry recipe:
- Add oil in the pan.
- Put cumin seeds,mustard seeds,When it starts crackle,then add green chili,curry leaves,sauté for a minute.
- Then add chopped Onion,tomato and sauté them for 2-3 minutes in medium high flame.
- Then add ginger garlic paste,fry till raw smell disappeared.
- Then put coriander powder,turmeric,chili powder,salt and garam masala,mix up well. Cook the masala until oil starts leaving the masala.
- Then add tomato puree and mix properly,cook for 2min.
- Add the eggplant/Baigan pieces into the masala, mix up well.
- Cook the eggplant for 5-10 minutes/until oil appears at the sides.
- Add water, mix well.
- cook the whole curry until brinjal gets soft and cooked well.
- When curry forms a thick gravy and is cooked well turn off the heat.
- Serve the brinjal curry with rice.
Hope you all will love this recipe.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!
Health Benefits of Egg plant
Botanical name– Solanum Melongena Origin—-Southern and eastern Asia
1.The fiber, pottacium,vitaminC, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content in eggplants all helps heart health.
2.Polyphenols present in eggplant have been shown anti-cancer effects.
3.E ggplants boast a high number of antioxidants.
4.Eggplants are high in fiber and low in calories, which helps in weight loss.