Knol Khol is called as Kohlrabi or Gathgobhi or Phala kobi and belongs to the same family as cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 15min
Course: Side dish
INGREDIENTS OF KNOL KHOL-POTATO STIR FRY
- Potato/Alu – 2 (Medium size-cut into julienne shape)
- Knol khol /Phala kobi – 2 (cut inti julienne shape)Cleaned and peeled (Discard the fibrous ones)
- Ginger-1/4tbs chopped
- Garlic-1/4tbs chopped
- vegetable oil-2tbs
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds-1tbs
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1tbs
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1tbs
- Dry Chili-2
- Green chillies- 2-3 chopped
- Salt to taste
Steps of knol khol alu fry recipe:
- Take a Pan/kadhai and add Oil .
- When oil is little hot add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,dry red chilies and allow them to sputter.
3.Then add chopped garlic,chopped ginger and chopped chili saute it for 20-30 secs, so that it releases its flavor .
4. Now add knol khol and mix properly,cook it for 3-4min on medium flame.
5.Then add potato and all masalas,salt ,mix properly.
6.Cover the lid and cook till it done .
7.Serve hot with rice and roti.