Magaj ladoo is one of the chappan bhog(56 bhog)offering to lord jagannath at Jagannath temple,Puri,odissa. It is daily offered to lord Jagannath in the holy temple of Puri . It is made of wheat flour (atta),ghee and sugar.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 10min
Serves: 10 ladoos
INGREDIENTS OF MAGAJ LADOO
- Wheat flour ( Atta ) – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 5 tbsp ( or adjust according to your taste )
- Ghee – 8 tbsp ( wheat flour : Ghee – 3 : 1 )
- Black pepper powder – 1/4tsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Steps of Magaj ladoo recipe:
- At first melt the ghee in a pan over low to medium heat.
- Add wheat flour and mix properly with ghee and roast for 7 to 8min or till it becomes light brown color.
- Then add pepper powder, cardamom powder,powdered sugar,mix properly.
4.Switch off the flame and mix everything properly.
- Cool it little bit not completely.
- Grease ghee on your palm,start making ladoo like ball shape from this mixture.
Enjoy Magaj ladoo and store it air tight container for 10 days.
1.The ratio of wheat and ghee should be 3:1 .
2.Use Fresly ground cardamom and pepper powder for better taste.
Hope you all will love this Authentic ladoo recipe of odissa.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much