Today is the the third day of Raja Which is known as Bhu Daaha or Basi Raja.So enjoy raja with this unique dessert khira saku.
Khira saku is a dessert which is prepared from rice paste with milk and sugar and is served during festivals or normal time also you can make and enjoy with your family.
It is a famous dessert of berhampur,odissa.
Preparation Time : 10min Cooking Time : 40-45min
Cuisine: Odiya Course: Dessert
INGREDIENTS OF KHIRA SAKU
- Rice- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup or according your taste
- Milk -2 cups
- Dry Fruits 2 tablespoon
- Ghee, as required
Steps of Khira saku recipe:
- Soak Rice 3 to 4 hours. Wash thoroughly.
- Grind to a thick batter using very little water.
- In a pan Boil the milk,when it starts boil add sugar,dry fruits to this.
- When sugar starts to melt,add the rice batter and Simultaneously stir the milk to avoid lumps.
- After sometime mixture started to semi thick consistency.
6.Switch off the flame.
7.Pre-heat the pan/kadhai.
8.Grease Pan with ghee and Pour the batter into it the Pan and close the lid.
9.After 12to 15 min You can see it starts leaving the edges and a golden colour comes on bottom side of saku.
10.Carefully flip it and cook from other side also till it is little crispy or golden color.
11.Turn off flame,let it cool down.
12.Now your khira saku is ready.
13.Cut it into desired shapes and serve.