Poda pitha is an authentic odia cuisine prepared specifically during the Raja Parba in odisha.
Poda Pitha or Burnt Pitha is a slow-cooked pitha made from fermented rice and black gram, with chopped coconut and or grated coconut, some crushed ginger. The outer crust is slightly burnt, while the inside is soft and white.
Preparation Time : 1hr Cooking Time : 1hr
Cuisine: Odiya Course: Dessert
INGREDIENTS OF PODA PITHA
- Rice -1 cup
- Urad dal -1 cup
- Jaggery -1/2 cup
- Ginger crushed -1/2 inch
- Chopped Coconut-1/2 cup
- Cashew -5-6
- Sliced Coconut
Steps of Poda Pitha recipe:
- Soak Rice and Urad Dal overnight. Wash them thoroughly.
- Grind to a coarse paste using very little water.
- Let the batter ferment for 4 hours .
- In the batter add chopped coconut, chopped ginger, salt, jagarry.
- Mix all the ingredients. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker/kadhai.
- Grease your kadhai with ghee or clarified butter.
- Pour the batter into it the kadhai ,topping with cashew ,coconut and close the lid.
- Place the kadhai in low flame for about 40-1hr.(Time may be vary according to the size of pan,size of Pitha.)
10.Now your hot poda pitha is ready.
11.Cut it into desired shapes and serve.