Poha means “flattened rice” or chuda (odiya). Aloo Poha is a quick,easy dish made from flattened rice which is fried with potatoes, onions and some more ingredients.
poha recipe is prepared in most of the states of india but the preparation may vary and each region.
Preparation Time : 15min Cooking Time : 15min
Cuisine: Indian Course: Breakfast/Snacks
INGREDIENTS OF ALOO POHA
- Poha (Flattened Rice)- 2 Cups thick variety
- Potato-1 medium
- Onion-1 medium
- Green Chilies-1 cut into slits
- Dry red chili-2
- Curry Leaves-4-5
- Mustard Seeds-1 Teaspoon
- Jeera/cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder-1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar-1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice-1 Teaspoon
- Oil-1 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Fried Groundnuts-1/4 Cup
Steps of Aloo Poha recipe:
- Wash Poha thoroughly. Then drain all the water and leave it for 5-10 mins.
- After 10 mins, add 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon Salt and Mix lightly .
- Heat 2Tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds to the same pan. When the start to splutter, add the curry leaves,green chili ,dry chili and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add chopped onion and fry some time.
- Add the diced potatoes and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder,salt ,sauté for few second in low flame .
- Add the soaked poha to the pan and stir well.
- Cook on a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fried peanuts, finely chopped coriander leaves.
- serve hot aloo poha with a cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy.
Hope you all will love this recipe.. Please do share your comments .
Happy cooking !!!!!!!!!!!!