Potato & Brinjal Dry/Aloo Baigan Sukha
It is perfect side dish for roti or rice.
PREP TIME:10 minutes
COOK TIME : 20 minutes
AUTHOR: RESMA RANI
1 cup – peeled potatoes, cut into long strips or small pieces
1 cup – Brinjal, cut into long strips or small pieces
1medium size- Onions, Sliced
1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
A pinch of Turmeric powder
A few Curry leaves
1 tsp – Oil
For Ground masala:
1tbs Chana dal
3-4 dry chilies
Steps of making Aloo baigan sukha sabji:
- Dry roast 1tbs chana dal,1tbs jeera, 3-4 dry chilies for 2 min and grind it as powder and keep aside.
2.Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds. When they pop, add cumin seeds , curry leaves and onion.
3.Fry for a minute .
4.Then add potatoes, brinjal mix well.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, ground masala powder and salt and mix well.
6. Cover and allow the vegetables to cook for sometime.
7. Keep on low flame. Saute well and leave on the flame until the vegetables become soft and cooked.
8. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with steaming hot rice or chapattis.